Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Theme Thursday: Angels

This week's Theme Thursday asks the question of whether or not I believe in angles. Well of course! I didn't spend a year in high school geometry for nothing. I believe in 180* ones along with 45*, and––

Sorry, but is this a humor blog or what? I didn't want to suddenly go all serious on you with each post.

Angels! I've believed in those too ever since I was seven and one saved my life while on a runaway bike that was possessed. Not exactly. The bike might have gotten out of sorts because I didn't get the concept of coasting when riding downhill. Instead, I pedaled full force until I found myself headed straight into a moving car.

I panicked and could only think to stop the bike, but the brakes failed to heed my one request because of inertia: a body in motion tends to stay in motion. 

That's when the angel entered the scene. I guess it was an angel because I never saw anyone, but I felt it. Some invisible something grabbed the handle bars of my bike and threw me out of the path of the car. I circled into a grassy hill and got my usual skinned knees. Throughout my childhood, I never had a normal looking knee so this was no big deal. As an adult, I usually have clean knees but STILL mess them up from time to time. 

Proof! There must be angels because without them, I'd surely be dead.


 Many thanks to Beth for telling me about morgueFile. This is a delightful site that allows me to download any of their pictures without fear of being sued; unfortunately, the bloody knee is totally mine. :)


14 comments:

Theresa Mahoney said...

Ouch! I remember getting a few of those bloody knees a time or two as a kid. Actually, more than that since my parents nicknamed me "crash" lol. Glad you weren't hurt too bad on your bike ride!

Unknown said...

OUCH...poor you..but what a WONDERFUL and inspiring story! I never dare ride a bike. Same thing happened to me that happened to you but mine was my Dad who saved me. Mine is here
Have you an TRULY BLESSED WEEK!
hugs
shakira

California Girl said...

Oh made me go back and check my spelling.

California Girl said...

I meant "You..." but spell chk on my Kindle Fire screwdriver it up as usual. Don!

Sofia @ From PDX with Love said...

I too believe in Angels. And that knee looks painful!! I'm glad yours saved you ;)

Leovi said...

Yes, I love the composition of the color rules.

Mary said...

I agree, without them a person would be dead!

http://inthecornerofmyeye.blogspot.com/2012/10/an-angel-in-human-form.html

Anonymous said...

I love your take on the prompt!

Brian Miller said...

wow what a story...and that will def make you a believer....my wife flipped her car going up a mountain one time...hood over trunk...roof caved in...and none of the windows broke, they bent...not cracked...bent....insane...we still have pics somewhere....i believe...smiles.

Binky said...

That really happened? That certainly is strange. Good, but strange.

Kris McCracken said...

Angles ate my hamster!

Mrsupole said...

I too wrote about an Angel saving my life but I was in a car. My brother took my bike and drove it downhill into a car. He broke it in half and barely got hurt, must have had the same Angel as you looking after him. Do you think there is a Bicycle Angel out there somewhere?

I had to check my spelling and there were a lot of Angles in LA. But it does have some Angels too.

Happy Theme Thursday and I hope you enjoy your weekend.

God bless.

DUTA said...

Very photogenic knee! I had one like this several times in my life, and it was no fun.When this happens (bicycle fall or any other kind of fall), one sure needs an angel watching and protecting.

Susan said...

Interesting, reading this I realize that I could easily believe in angels more than in luck.