Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Silly Sunday: How I Used My Underwear to Get Healthy

It's not Sunday or even that close but I figure some of you might be busy if I waited to post at my usual time, so here goes early. Besides, it's Sunday in New Zealand where Rhonda starts her Silly Sunday at Laugh Quotes.



 Back in October I injured my knee while running and had to go to physical therapy. One of the many exercises my therapist assigned was the "penguin walk." This involves putting a band around the ankles and taking side steps. Unfortunately, he forgot to give me the band.




So I improvised. I have a pair of elastic underwear that have quite a bit of stretch in them. These came in handy when doing the penguin walk.


If that isn't silly on a Sunday, nothing is.

If you need more silliness than using underwear to exercise, hop over to Rhonda's Silly Sunday.

15 comments:

k~ said...

Well that's one way to get your exercise and not spend a fortune on equipment! Nice post it made me smile! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! Have a marvellous week Joyce. -Kelly

Traveling Bells said...

Watch where you step! I'll bet you saved bunches by not buying that band:) Smart gal. Happy holidays to ya...

Catch My Words said...

Thanks for the comments. Actually, the band comes with the physical therapy, so it didn't cost me anything when I finally got it; however, I feel like my underwear provide more resistance and gives me a better work out. ;)

Anonymous said...

I injured my right shoulder and was told to buy the band (it's about 10$ in israeli money).
I did a lot of things besides using the band, so I'm not sure it was the band that helped.

After a year, I also got my right knee injured during a trip. This time I used my own intuition - no band, no physioteraphy , and it took less time to heal than with the shoulder.Thank God!

Anonymous said...

That is quite useful. I also look around the house for alternative items.

Hope you're having a great weekend.

Ciela said...

Just wanna greet you a Merry Christmas!

unikorna said...

Happy Holidays and a new year filled with amazing experiences. You know how much I like you and your blog so ..million kisses.

stevebethere said...

Your a genious Joyce LOL I bet it worked just as well too ....love the green LOL

Have a nice Sunday ;-)

Bless said...

:-) That is some smart usage for an undies :-) Happy holidays!!!

The Host said...

That right there is some seriously awesome improvisation. Just don't tell the physiotherapist. He'll probably claim the idea as his own and charge others ONE MILLION DOLLARS to use it.

danneromero said...

so funny... they look like boys speedos, though?

Catch My Words said...

Actually the green strip is not underwear. It is the stretchy band that I finally got from my physical therapist. The black around my ankles is the underwear.

Anonymous said...

Pity, my dad has a few of those bands laying around the house. He's suppose to use them...but I don't think I've seen him use them in months and months.

Just Jane said...

HA! That's terrific!