Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Friday, March 18, 2011

Newbery Discussion Week: Moon Over Manifest

I recently finished reading Moon Over Manifest, the most recent Newbery Award winning title. I appreciate the author's skill in developing her characters and weaving two stories into one. The historical fiction aspect also gave me a great feel for The Great Depression and life during World War I. I can see why this literary fiction story won the award, but I tend to be a high concept reader and at times found myself zoning out and having to reread passages. None the less, Moon Over Manifest is worth a read. If nothing else, it gives one a peek at what Newbery material is all about. Check it out.

No comments: